“Buy now, pay later” (BNPL) services allow you to break payments into smaller installments that can be paid over time. Level supports three BNPL platforms: Affirm, Klarna, and Afterpay. You can use any of these three services to pay for eligible purchases with your benefit dollars, breaking up your payment into smaller chunks paid out over time.
If you use your Level Card to pay using Affirm, Klarna, or Afterpay, or use a personal payment method and want to submit your receipt for reimbursement, you’ll need a receipt with the following information:
- What you purchased
- Merchant name (e.g. Amazon)
- BNPL merchant name (e.g. Affirm)
- Date when you used your Level Card (This isn’t the same as the date of purchase. For example, if you’re gradually making payments toward a purchase totaling $50, and you made a $12.50 one-time payment on October 10, your receipt should show October 10.)
- The amount you paid with the Level Card (This should be one of your installments.)
- Initial purchase date (Your receipt should show past payment information and paid balance.)
- Total purchase amount (This should be the sum of what you’ve paid and what you still owe.)
Level doesn’t support BNPL services other than Affirm, Klarna, and Afterpay. If you use your Level Card to pay using an alternative platform, your card will be declined, and any reimbursement requests will be denied.